Live Dynamically,Just and Extraordinary
Welcome to LDJE! Please login in or register.
Welcome to LDJE! Please login in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rise from the ashes

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One and Playstation 4 price

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Messy Celt

Xbox One and Playstation 4 price Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One and Playstation 4 price   Xbox One and Playstation 4 price I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2013, 4:58 am

Can anyone explain to me why the Xbox One is $167.00 more expensive in Ireland, the UK and the rest of Europe than it is in the states?

It's going to cost $499.00 in the US but it'll cost me €499.00 and the UK heads will pay £429.00 which is almost the same as €499.00 by today's rates at least.

That's a whopping $167.00 price differential between the states and Europe. How can they justify this?

The same goes for the Playstation 4 although it'll cost less so the gap is less dramatic but it's still over $100.00 difference.
Back to top Go down
Messy Celt

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and Playstation 4 price   Xbox One and Playstation 4 price I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2013, 7:41 am

Just thought of something, does the $499.00 price point for the xbox one include tax?

Tax is included in the RRP over this side of the pond so that could account for the different price points.
Back to top Go down
Barnyard11

Barnyard11

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and Playstation 4 price   Xbox One and Playstation 4 price I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2013, 2:16 pm

$499 is MSRP here in the states. You'd have to add a tax rate onto that price. 7% right now in Indiana so you're looking around $535 in the states.
Back to top Go down
Messy Celt

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and Playstation 4 price   Xbox One and Playstation 4 price I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2013, 4:57 am

Thanks Barn.

Well that still makes the xbox one a whole €100 or about $130 more expensive on this side of the pond.

I know Sony have done the same thing but with a €100 difference in price out of the box while is's still a kick in the teeth Sony put on softer foot wear, if only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and Playstation 4 price   Xbox One and Playstation 4 price I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One and Playstation 4 price
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live Dynamically,Just and Extraordinary :: General Announcements-
Jump to:  
ChatBox
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com